Thursday, July 12, 2007

Questions & Theories: Sorcerer's Stone

Over the course of the next week, I'm going to be posting the contents of my nerd notebook for the purposes of discussion and conjecture or just to heighten the frenzy around the release of Deathly Hallows, which is deliciously close at hand. Some of the questions I'm posting come from endless amount of reading on the fan sites and JKR interviews, so I can't take all the credit (or the accusations of an unhealthy obsession).

* Where is Sirius' motorcycle? Rowling says fans who read carefully will know where it is - it was last mentioned by Hagrid in POA when he said Sirius told him to keep it. So it may well reside with the gamekeeper.

* Who else was in Godric's Hollow the night the Potters were attacked? And how is Godric's Hollow linked to Godric Gryffindor?

* Who retrieved Voldemort's wand?

* What were Lily's & James' occupations that they earned so much gold?

* Why is it important that Lily's wand was good for charms?

* How did Dumbledore defeat the dark wizard Grindelwald?

* Why did the sorting hat hesitate to place Seamus?

* Why is the Bloody Baron bloody? (Not that I think this is a pivotal plot point, but inquiring minds want to know.)

* Will the Mirror of Erised return?

* Why did Dumbledore have the invisibility cloak before James died? JKR has declared this as the one question no one has ever asked her that should have been asked as it is important - even crucial - the story.

* Does Dumbledore realize in through the whole story that Voldemort is close at hand?

2 cat calls:

tempe & chris said...

Ashley, I just re-read Socerer's Stone this weekend...all of you girls have gotten me back into the HP series. Thanks for all of the thoughtful questions - hopefully I'll be caught up soon with the entire series!

ashley said...

I'm glad you're back into it! Potter Fever is definitely rising. I'm so insanely obsessed...I don't know what I'm going to do when it's over!!