Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Third Question

Scholastic's third question is will Hogwarts reopen in Deathly Hallows? Choices are a straight up yes and no and yes but Harry, Ron and Hermione won't go back. I'm leaning toward the latter. Clearly, Harry has said he won't be going back, but I think Rowling needs Hogwarts as a central location. Even if it's not open, the book will take us back there in some form or fashion. Some folks have conjectured that one of the founders' artifacts may be hidden in the room where Harry dumps his potions book in Half-Blood Prince (Chapter Twenty-Four, "Sectumsempra"). It's getting close. I better get on the re-reading!

4 cat calls:

Kim said...

I read that there's NO Quidditch in book seven (which, as you know, I heartily approve of). But I don't know that they won't be returning to school... after all, they still need something of Gryffindor's or Ravenclaw's.

Anonymous said...

I could also definitely do without Quidditch next time around.

I just started my re-reading last night. Can't wait!

penelope said...

Plus, they'll need to visit Dumbledore's portrait, I'm sure. Geez, I can't imagine WHERE they'll be, if they're not at Hogwarts. I picture them climbing rocky cliffs. How odd.

ashley said...

Hogwarts has been the lynchpin in so much of the story...and I think, even if we'd read Hogwarts: A History we would know that it still has mysteries to be revealed.