Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Fourth Question: The Book of Love?

Scholastic's fourth question asks whom love is in the air for in Deathly Hallows. I couldn't help but laugh at the poll results on Scholastic's websites. The poll poses the following couples, and you can only vote for one:

* Harry & Ginny
* Ron & Hermione
* Harry & Hermione
* Lupin & Tonks

I cast my vote for Ron and Hermione, since that's the relationship Rowling has been most clearly setting up from the outset that hasn't quite come to fruition. If something doesn't happen there, talk about a loaded gun left on the wall. My hope is that Harry and Ginny will get their day, too. But the poll results are skewing heavily toward Harry and Hermione with 52% percent of the votes. Granted, Scholastic's site seems to be having technical difficulties and has only recorded 100 votes - so either something is amiss or I'm really on the ball this morning.

All the same, I figure there are those rabid fans out there who will insist that Harry and Hermione are going to end up together. Sorry, guys. Rowling's already debunked you on that following the publication of Half-Blood Prince. I think the only way Harry's going to end up with Hermione is if Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson make out off camera.

4 cat calls:

penelope said...

Harry and Hermione? WhatEVer. Puh-lease. Ron and Hermione for sure, and my romantic heart feels sure that Harry and Ginny will end together up as well. Provided neither one bites it, in which case, I'll cry for a week at least. I feel Rowling has also been setting up H&G from the very beginning.

laura said...

hey- what about the t-shirt??

ashley said...

Laura - Duly noted. Promise awarding of the shirt tomorrow upon deliberation with STGD.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's definitely not Harry and Hermione. It'll be Hermione and Ron, no doubt. I also agree with Penelope that Rowling has been setting up Harry and Ginny since the beginning, so I'm definitely hoping that works out, too!