Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Yuletide Redux

Dear Movie Industry People in Charge:
I've seen the trailer for Unaccompanied Minors several times now. I just wanted to let you know, since you seem to be unaware, that this movie has already been made. Three times, in fact. It was called Home Alone and it starred MacCauley Caulkin - you know, before he started hanging out with Jacko, divorcing his parents and getting married (then divorced). And then it was recycled for a second go around. And then a third.

Now, as plausible and, say, universal, as the oops-we-forgot-the-kids plot line is, I think we can safely say it's been addressed. Overaddressed even. I mean, this time of year inevitably brings up those forgotten-kids-at-the-holiday stories at the office party or the neighborhood get-together. So you may feel like people are hungry for another serving. But we're not.

No matter how starved we are for entertainment, we're not starved enough for this. Not even the promise of the wackiness that ensues after the telling line, "We forgot the kids" could entice us to the theatre. So please. No more.

Season's Greetings,
Ashley

3 cat calls:

hat said...

P.S. Increasing the number of kids forgotten or lost also does not significantly increase my interest in this re-hashed plot. In fact, it might even be a deterrent for my ever going to see the movie.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! My sentiments exactly. :)

ashley said...

I told Kim tonight that this was like the Hollywood version of the regift.