Thursday, December 07, 2006

What's My Job Again?

I spent part of my morning tying fishing wire to glittery plastic snowflakes. Despite my resistance to decorating my apartment, I've been designated to the decorations committee for the holiday open house at the office. And I know decorations committee sounds inherently prom-ish, but there will be balloon columns outside, so it's not too far off the mark. (No word yet on whether we will be forced to take awkward pictures in front of a pre-fab background that will inevitably turn out badly and cost us $50.)

Unfortunately for me & S., graphic designer extraordinaire & fellow decorations committee member, we did not purchase enough snowflakes in our first trip out. We were thinking flurry, but word's coming down from the top that the vision is more along the lines of blizzard. And so we had to journey out into Wilmywood in search of more (and BIGGER) glittery plastic snowflakes because the first 20 or so we hung simply didn't coat us thoroughly enough with tiny silvery flecks.

A complete tour of the town's party supply hot spots left us empty handed in the way of glittery plastic snowflakes that have size and impact. But we were able to experience the holiday magic of the Dollar Tree and Dollar General. And found something at Rose's that was like a mystic dry-ice water fountain - very classy. And I got to hear S. do his best version of the high note in "Clocks." And say "owie" every time his dreadful cold made him cough. It may not have been full-fledged Christmas spirit that had us suggesting horrid pink Christmas tree-shaped candles and cross-stitched Noel table-runners instead of the elusive glittery plastic snowflakes, but it beats doing TPS reports.

2 cat calls:

Kim said...

Wow, if you get too many more plastic snowflakes, you're going to have to put on your plastic snow tires.

(Dude. That was the lamest joke EVER.)

ashley said...

What I'm really going to need is the ultimate lint roller - I have glitter on all the clothes I wore the second half of last week.

And don't worry, Kim. I still love you. Even if you want to be a dentist.