Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Baby Talk

I received an official phone call this morning from the expectant father letting me know that he is not, in fact, going to refer to his first son as Sprout or Percy O'Dell or Coocoochawia (which means "man who likes to eat meat from a spit"). They've finally settled on a name, because Justin said it was that or get divorced. And so, without further ado, I'd like to announce my nephew, Dillon Bradley. Dillon is being spelled in the Irish tradition and means "faithful and loyal" and Bradley is my father's and Justin's middle name.

Dillon Bradley, I'm going to spoil you rotten, starting in about 40 days. Love, your Auntie Ashley.

6 cat calls:

Anonymous said...

YAY, DILLON! It will be so exciting when he makes his debut into the world. . . I can't believe it's only about 40 days to go!

Anonymous said...

P.S.--I must admit that I was pulling for Ethan, but at least now the name's not taken, so maybe you can claim it someday. :)

penelope said...

Awwww, I like it!!

Jennifer Walter said...

Very cool name! It was great to talk to you yesterday.

hat said...

The Vietnamese equivalent is "Thanh Trung", a fine name of heroic proportions. But Dillon is much easier to say, and sounds more beautiful. Congratulations, Aunt Ashley.

Andria said...

Dylan was one of my top choices for boy names, but Greg couldn't get over the 90210 link. I like the unique spelling, though. I'm a big fan of that, go figure.