Monday, December 11, 2006

Neighbor Interrupted

When I parked behind the house tonight, I noticed that the interior light in my neighbors' Honda was on. Being the good Samaritan I am, I knocked on their door on my way in...no response. With the car out back and the lights I'd seen on in the kitchen, I knew someone was home. I thought maybe they hadn't heard me. So I rang the bell. After waiting a few more moments, I started up the stairs. Then their apartment door creaked open and shut. I went back and tapped lightly on the door. She opened the door, hair rumpled, wearing a men's shirt, not all the way buttoned. "Oh," I said before I could think about it. "I just, um, wanted to...to let you know that, uh, the light's on in your car." I finished rather breathlessly, laughed a little nervous laugh. She thanked me in this awkward, overly appreciative way and closed the door. That's the last time I do a good deed - when someone else is doing the deed.

4 cat calls:

mendacious said...

heh. whose to say whose at fault here. but you know at least there batteries won't die in either instance.

hat said...

hmm... i'm surprised she bothered to open the door...

Kim said...

Well, I'm always doing the deed, so you'd better never try to do ME a favor!

Bow-chicka-bown-bown!

(That was gross. I apologize. But I'm not taking it down.)

ashley said...

I see, Kim Shable, Wanton Sex Goddess. If Ohio is a-rockin', don't come a-knockin'.