Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'll Be Home for Christmas

Tomorrow morning, I'm loading up the Rav and headed to Georgia for the holidays. I've been given next week off as a holiday gift of sorts, and I can't deny that I'm sorely in need of some time away. I'm looking forward to shopping with my mom and sister on Friday - accompanied by my dad who has promised to carry the bags and sleep on all the benches. Unlimited access to piles of delicious rich food. Sleeping in my bed with the lace curtains on the window. All good things. Wherever you may be gathering around the Christmas tree or yulelog and waiting for good ol' Saint Nick, be safe and happy. I'll update the blog as I can - read: when my dad gives up his relentless computer solitaire play and goes to bed.

4 cat calls:

Kim said...

Have a fantastic time in old GA!! Tell your mom and dad I said hi-- love you!

mendacious said...

my dad is also obnoxiouly addicted to internet solitary- like it draws more attention than the tv does. is there medication for this? we should discuss.

penelope said...

on a side note, i just found a version of solitaire with characters from "the office" on the cards. somehow it seems more acceptable to wile away the hours playing a game where dwight k. schrute glares at you from a "jack" card.

merry christmas! i hope it's a good and relaxing break. let me know when you get back in town and we'll get together. xo-

ashley said...

It's midnight on Saturday, and this is my first opportunity to wrest the computer from my father's mousing grip...