Sunday, December 10, 2006

Identity Crisis

Yesterday brought round another trip to Crazy J. As I like to do from time to time, I decided to make a dramatic change to my hair. I've been blonde pretty much all my life - by nature and by Garnier Nutrisse. Once, in college, I dyed my hair so blonde, I looked a little Marilyn Monroe-ish (minus the innate sex appeal). But all in all, I've bought into the old adage that blondes have more fun, and I've fought the brunette-ing of my roots for quite some time.

My last trip to Crazy J, I took a step in the darker direction, but in the end, it was still blonde. So yesterday, I settled in the chair with a couple of photos to give him an idea, and in a couple of hours time, I became a brunette.

I like it. But it's a bit confusing. For the rest of the day yesterday and all day today, every time I pass a mirror or see myself in a window reflection, I have to pause. I look totally different - I've never had hair this dark. It's like a whole new identity. If only Crazy J could work his makeover magic on my overly-large hips and thighs.

4 cat calls:

Anonymous said...

It's kind of hard for me to imagine. . . I can't wait to see it!

Jennifer Walter said...

Whoa! I need a visual! I envy your courage. After a BAD perm experience in 5th grade, I've never let any other chemicals touch my hair. Frankly, it leaves me feeling pretty bored and predictable. Go you beautiful brunette you!

mendacious said...

awesome!! next you'll be ready for pink or perhaps blue!

hat said...

A foto, s'il vous plait! You can't tease us and then let us hang...