Thursday, March 08, 2007

Separated by Impeachment

Hello, Pot. Meet the Kettle. You're both black. It seems that while Newt Gingrich was heading up the morality charge and focusing the whole nation's attention on former President Bill Clinton's oval office indiscretion with Monica Lewinsky, he was involved in his very own extramarital affair. He now admits to this "weakness" but says that it wasn't judgment on Clinton's immoral behavior that spurred him onward back then but his concern that the president perjured himself. Uh huh. Yeah. Tell yourself that if it makes you feel better, Newt.

4 cat calls:

Anonymous said...

And all this time I thought he was only in bed with Jerry Falwell...

:)

Kim said...

I am whole-heartedly in agreement with your assessment of the situation. However, will someone PLEASE agree with me that that is one of the scariest pictures of Bill Clinton EVER? He kind of looks like Eric Stoltz in "Mask"...

ashley said...

I concur that this is a rather frightening picture of Bill Clinton. All the other ones I found were really old. I think it's that he lost all that weight and his face looks abnormal now.

P.S. Did you note in the article that Gingrich dumped his first wife while she was recovering from cancer surgery and remarried just months later?

Anonymous said...

Ah, Newt. One of my favorite Republicans strikes again.

It becomes increasingly clear to me that you are definitely declaring independence as your blog continues to touch on politics (something you never would have gone anywhere near before). . . I LOVE it!