Sunday, March 04, 2007

Gray Area

Because Justin thought that "Nightblindness" was a cover, and I was pretty certain it wasn't, I checked the good ol' Wikipedia entry for David Gray to prove myself right. Turns out that was a good move - how else would I have known that David Gray is releasing a Best of the Early Years compilation.

Unfortunately, I have no idea if he, like some artists, are including one or two new tracks on the disc, because the contents of said disc are something akin to an international secret. No mention of it on his official site. Amazon has it listed for release on April 3 but no track listing. And another search led me to his VH1 artist page, which was devoid of cover art and track listing, but had the release date for March 26.

Point is, if you like Gray and don't have his early stuff, you'll definitely want to pick this up. My guess is it'll have his acoustic masterpieces from Lost Songs and the like. Of course, you might have to give your social security number, PIN and mother's maiden name to be granted access to it.

0 cat calls: