Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Blog Where Men Fear to Tread

I scare men. Over the course of the last two months, only three of the comments on the blog have been attributed to the male persuasion. I'm wondering why this is. Are you all drowning in estrogen? I try to avoid the discussion of feminine hygiene products and shaving my legs. I have been guilty of posting about shoes. And hair. And maybe a little too much about John Mayer. I try not to start any of my posts with words that I know might strike fear in the heart of men like "We need to talk" or "Do I look fat in this?".

Are my male readers (if indeed you're out there) the strong, silent type? I see comments from various males on other blogs...and maybe those readers aren't carrying over to my blog. I'm sure that there are any number of people who stop by here and prefer to read and not speak. But the lack of testosterone here in the jungle is perplexing...I'll probably go into complete histrionics before long, suffer a bout of severe PMS, cut my hair and eat a whole carton of ice cream. I hope you're happy.

5 cat calls:

Cue said...

A woman I baby-sit for once told me that I will always terrify men. I think she meant this as a compliment, with something having to do with my smarts (HA!), but it has haunted me since.

Then again, wasn't it Wendy who coined the phrase, "Are you a man or a glass figurine on a shelf?" Or Meg? -- Well, it was someone awesome. (If I'm mis-quoting, pardon me. It was one of my favorite phrases from grad school, though.)

Which could explain why I thought it was okay to talk about bikini waxes today. Let's see how many men comment on THAT, shall we? ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm an admitted lurker, but I still enjoy your posts.

:-)

mendacious said...

yes, it's the ever present lurkers... a hard balance btw talking to the people that comment and putting it all out there into the unknown... who's to say. i should probably start talking about my uneven breasts. i'm totally obsessing over them. like always.

Matt said...

I'm still here. Although, as you can tell from my own blog (last post December) I haven't had a whole lot to say. Also, I have low testosterone, so I'm not sure if I am helping your problem at all by commenting here.

I very nearly commented on the Harry Potter cover. But because you broke it down to expertly, I would have only sounded like an idiot. BTW, did you see the adult cover version? It looks like a Nora Roberts/JD Robb mystery cover.

Anonymous said...

omg, the glass figurine! totally forgot abt. that. that was me quoting bekki.

who were we talking about, though? can't recall.