Thursday, March 08, 2007

Dear Sitemeter,

I noticed yesterday morning that you said 6,893. And then at the end of the day, you said 6,893. When I logged in, you told me that no one - not one single person - had visited the humble little blog all day. I felt sad that no one had stopped by to see if anything was new.

This morning, I noticed that you said 6,893. And that I had comments! Comments mean that someone is reading the humble little blog. I felt happy again.

But still you say 6,893. Here's a little confession. I like to know how many visitors I have each day. And how long they stayed. And how they found the humble little blog. Sitemeter confesses on its blog that problems have been occurring with a server and that your data is not lost. And I don't like to be pushy, but if you could hurry up and get that fixed so I can continue stalking my readers, that would be great. I'm trying to be patient, but I need you.

Bloggerly,
Ash

4 cat calls:

Megs said...

This happened to me about three weeks ago. I went through the same pattern as you: sadness, hope, annoyance. It took 4 days to right itself and since then I've forgotten all about it as I stalk my own readership.

ashley said...

Apparently, someone who is on my site meter server ran a promotion that overloaded the traffic counter. Supposedly my site meter will return over the weekend. Hopefully, by Monday, I've have my vital stats back.

Cue said...

My sitemeter is all screwed up too. I know people have been reading, and it tells me they haven't. What the eff good is it for if I can't stalk my stalkers?? Dammit.

Anonymous said...

Folks,

Give StatCounter a shot. It's free, you've nothing to lose! Much prefer it to sitemeter.

j