Tuesday, March 20, 2007

784!

784 equals the number of pages in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, as announced today by Scholastic. And 12 million equals the number of copies printed in the initial run. For those environmentalists among you, rest easy that J.K. Rowling has requested the U.S. edition be printed green and certified by the Forest Stewardship Council.

At 784 pages, the final Potter installment will be longer than Goblet of Fire and shorter than Order of the Phoenix. I think she knew that delivering less than 600 pages was going to disappoint fans. And with nearly 800 pages of Potter goodness to look forward to, who can really complain?

Let the conjecture begin about what those pages contain!

3 cat calls:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait! Though I'm sure I'll be tearing through it as quickly as possible, there's a part of me that's going to want to make it last as long as I can. I think I'd be sad if it were any shorter. . . I don't want it to end!

ashley said...

Well, there's a little disappointment in me that it's not in the 1,000-page range, but at the same time, I did make myself ill reading Order of the Phoenix in a marathon no-eating-no-sleeping session. But no doubt I'll devour this one the same way!

784 pages makes me feel good that she did take her time to tell the story. I was afraid when I hear the publication date that she might've been rushed, and we'd end up short-changed.

hat said...

What do you make of Dumbledore's plea at the end of HBP?