Monday, February 19, 2007

Studio 60 Gets 86ed

I could feel it coming. I mean, really. As soon as I got attached, I knew that it was going to be doomed. Like Carnivale - cancelled. And as an aside to HBO - I'm still wondering if Jonesy died. Like the perfume I wear - discontinued. Like the string of hairdressers I've left behind me in Wilmywood - lost, missing, abandoned, incarcerated. Studio 60 is airing its last episode tonight in favor of a replacement drama. A new mob show created by Paul Haggis of Crash fame. So tune in tonight and bid farewell to Danny and Matt, Harriet and Jordan. And Aaron Sorkin's brilliance. And sadly, sadly, my weekly installment of Bradley Whitford. Mondays just got more Mondayish.

6 cat calls:

Jennifer Walter said...

WHAT??!! NBC is nuts! I can't believe it's cancelled. I hope the Black Donnellys crashes. The previews don't even look interesting. Not a smart move, NBC.

Anonymous said...

But-
but-
what about the last 10 episodes??

Ruby said...

NOOOOOO!

I had no idea this was in the works. Studio 60, coupled with Heroes, secured my rear on the couch on Monday nights! Damn.

ashley said...

It may just be rumored...but several articles I read said NBC was so eager to get the Black Donnellys on that they decided to pull Studio because of failing ratings.

And I don't think Studio's even actively filming right now, so it's not like they had time to do a wrap-up ep.

Last night left us with so many questions! I mean, we don't even know the sex of Jordan's baby!!

Anonymous said...

Well, shit. I missed the final half of last night's episode because I was at work (covering a shift in a home). I had no idea it might be my last chance to see it! I wonder if they'll even bother to put the episode online. It is TOTALLY mean to just end the show in the middle like that.

I double checked the TV listings for next week, and the Black Donnellys is in fact in Studio 60's timeslot. This is depressing.

Anonymous said...

Well, luckily, last night's episode is indeed online. At least I can see it one last time. . .