Friday, February 09, 2007

Bloglect

It's been one of those weeks some of my fellow bloggers have warned me about. The well of ideas ran dry on me. Or else, it wasn't so much that the well ran dry as it was that the well was filled with water not fit for public consumption.

I spent the day in the car driving home to see family - and Dillon. And I tried to drown out the sound of my own thoughts with the radio. But all the lyrics seemed to play right into what I was thinking about and dig into me. Despite crossing state lines, I didn't escape anything that I might've thought I could leave behind in Wilmywood.

Right now, life in general is like writing a short story. I have some characters, some plot, some scenes. I have a few knowns and a lot of unknowns. And I've got to sit down at that blank page and figure out how the story goes.

4 cat calls:

Anon For Everything said...

I haven't run out of ideas yet but we'll see!

mendacious said...

and it is something you will never finish writing...

Kim said...

All I know is, if this is a short story, I demand to be referred to as Lorelai Weatherby, which would be the best character name EVER.

ashley said...

Are you sure you don't want to be Celeste???