Friday, February 02, 2007

Dial M for Murder

Dear 264-7440:
This is a cease and desist request. Stop calling me. We are not - nor have we ever been - friends. I don't know you. And you don't know me. I think we've established that from the awkward pause from you after I pick up the phone and the way you say "hello" with a definite question mark like you don't know who you called. I wouldn't think much of it except that you keep calling. How is it that you keep calling the same wrong number? How stupid are you?

I would think by now that you would be more careful when dialing your phone. But no! You called me twice when I was in Atlanta, once in the week that followed, twice on Tuesday, and even though I left my cell phone at home today on accident, I noticed that you called twice in a row this morning. Get a clue! I am not your boyfriend or the man you wish was your boyfriend or the man you're stalking. I don't know who you're trying to call, but it isn't me. Or if it is, I don't want to talk to you.

Hang it up,
Ash

4 cat calls:

Anonymous said...

I also get repeated wrong number calls on my cell phone, and I ask myself these same questions.

And even better, someone out there thinks that our home number is a fax number, so every once in a while we get a succession of calls/messages with long strings of beeping. I haven't been able to determine who the fax number belongs to.

It's fun.

Andria said...

We get this one telemarketer call looking for Mark A. Dicks. It's so annoying to have those messages on the machine every day! I finally was around to answer the call one time and explained to the person that, "no, I was not Mark Dicks, nor was this his residence and I would appreciate having this number taken off the call list." The calls stopped for a few days, but guess we were put back on the list again. aargh.

I have some friends whose answering machine message clearly says "you have reached the SMITHS. If you are not looking for the SMITHS, you have the wrong number. Kiki, Deshawn, and Tyrone do NOT live here. Please do not call back looking for them." Because they were getting so many calls in the middle of the night looking for those people and they would call right back multiple times. I found it very amusing when I called and had to leave them a message.

ashley said...

We often get calls at the office for Adam Ziegler. I'm pretty sure he's wanted for tax evasion, because when you say that the caller has the wrong number, the caller gets very suspicious and acts like you're hiding something. Like the time a policeman called looking for him. I DIDN'T DO IT!

Kim said...

Dude, I think you're making a fatal mistake. What if that's John Mayer on the other end, and he wants you for sweet monkey love in your new awesome giraffe t-shirt (and on a side note to that, why doesn't MY Target get these cute things?)? That would be sad, indeed...