Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Miscellany

* I don't know where I picked it up or why, but "clearly" is my new word of choice. I say it about 784 times a day. Clearly, this is a problem.

* I woke up this morning with two things in mind: popcorn and "Don't Take the Girl" by Tim McGraw. I don't know why I was thinking about either of them. (Side note: That song came the summer before 8th grade. And my friend Lizzy bought the tape single so we could listen to it out at her pool. That was the same summer Justin and I watched a lot of country music videos on the local channel WNGM 34. We really liked "Fancy.")

* I've started to use my cell phone as a sort of flashlight at night when I'm headed to bed so I don't have to turn on lights and potentially wake my parents. It makes me feel a little like MacGyver.

* I had a dream that one of the agencies whose site I had looked at called and offered me a job. I immediately sent them a resume this morning.

5 cat calls:

hat said...

You too?! I always use my cellphone as a flashlight when I'm walking through the room. Except I'm not as suave as MacGuyver so I just look like a blind, bumbling idiot.

Ruby said...

OMG!! I am laughing so hard about the videos on channel 34! Marisa and I watched those over and over! Seems like I recall Achy Breaky Heart, Travis Tritt, some group called Six Shooter, Ray Stevens and of course Reba!

ashley said...

SIX SHOOTER! Yes! Remember, they covered The Monkees' "I'm Not Your Stepping Stone." They were really into Reba - they also played her covers of "Kathy's Clown" and "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia" a lot!

penelope said...

I find the word "clearly" so handy. I think I picked it up from my college roommate, which means I've been overusing it for about 8 years now.

Niki said...

i was JUST talking about channel 34 the other day. it was an athens phenomenon that summer. i remember all those SAME videos - they must've only had about 10 they just repeated. i also remember Trisha Yearwood, "Walkaway Joe." omg. best. summer. of middle school.