Monday, June 18, 2007

Fears Du Jour

* That Dillon, now getting to the point of being able to recognize and distinguish people, will not like me because he will know that I am not good with children.

* That I am a terrible conversationalist. It seems that every time I talk to someone and then reiterate my conversation to my mother, she will ask a very obvious question that I don't know the answer to and didn't think to ask myself.

* That there is truth in the look that some people give me when I confirm that I am childless, unmarried, unemployed and living at home that indicates there is something wrong with me.

* That something will happen to my mother before I learn all the things I need to know. Being here all the time, I see the questions she gets about everything - cooking, shopping, sewing, childcare, health, happiness...she's like Dumbledore. And they both really love socks.

* That nothing, not even Secret Clinical Strength, can stem the flow of my sweaty, sweaty armpit. STGD, are you with me?

* That I am boring

* That I will be forced to take a job that I don't love

4 cat calls:

Ruby said...

May I suggest Lady Speed Stick?!

Kim said...

I have many of those same fears. Also, I have the fear that suddenly, randomly, but terrifyingly, all my friends will decide all at once that they don't like me anymore, and I will become friendless and alone.

Man, we are SUCH downers.

ashley said...

Megan - I confess I think I've used every other deoderant recently, but I haven't tried that. And at this point, I'll try anything once.

Kim - You'll always have John Boston. ;)

penelope said...

I love that your Mom is like Dumbledore.

I also have many of the same fears. I feel like there's a sign on me that only children can read, and they all know I don't know what I'm doing with them. I just try to fake it.