Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One

One year ago, he arrived. Tiny and perfect.
There's so much I could say...but there are no words.
He's no longer so tiny, but still perfect.
Happy Birthday to my favorite Little Monster.
A story in pictures.

The Birthday Boy in full regalia, getting a lesson on paper blowers from Aunt Anna.

The Puppy Cake - yes, Eva made it - carved in the image of Dillon's nighttime companion.

Little fingers testing the cake.

First taste and going back for more.

In with both hands.

Packing those cheeks with yellow cake, butter cream icing and blueberry filling.
Don't worry - Aunt Ashley gave him a thorough bath afterward.

7 cat calls:

Ruby said...

Fantastic photos, Ashley and fantastic cake, Eva!

tempe & chris said...

Oh, he is just so adorable! Great photos, Ash :)

Andria said...

Great storytelling! Love the little hands picture - diving right in! Everyone in your family is so creative, I'm so impressed with Eva's skills. What an adorable little man. I know he has been such a blessing and joy for your whole family.

jenn said...

I can't believe that Eva made that cake--wow! Very impressive. And it looks like it was a wonderful first birthday. Happy Birthday, Dillon!

penelope said...

Wow, what a lovely post. And the cake! Props to Eva!

Happy Birthday, Dillman!

Jennifer Walter said...

Happy Birthday Dillon!

Thanks for sharing the great pics.

ashley said...

Thanks! I know I'm close to OD'ing y'all on Dillon shots - as close as he was to OD'ing on that cake. I promise to ease up - but I couldn't ignore the big b-day.