Thursday, November 30, 2006

Miss December

Dear God,
You may notice that I have chosen a profile picture for the month of December featuring an iceskater, a frozen lake, snow-covered evergreens. As you know - because you know everything - this sort of scene is common for this time of year. And I know - because I've lived here all my life - that we don't get that kind of weather in the south. However, that does not mean that we should be melting.

Don't get me wrong. The weather the last couple of days has been lovely. It's just not seasonally-appropriate, if you know what I mean. I should not be considering open-toed shoes and a tank top and my Christmas wish list all at the same time. So if you could send some chills, cold winds, you know, generally cool it down enough that the thought of roasting by an open fire is appealing. I'd just like to crave some hot chocolate and a warm blanket. I won't go so far as to ask for snow, because that would be greedy. A little nip in the air is all I'm asking for. And peace on earth. Thanks ever so much.

Love,
Ashley

4 cat calls:

penelope said...

In total agreement! I disdain seasonally inappropriate weather. I wish to wear a scarf, and pronto.

ashley said...

I was in Target yesterday, and the had these fabulous "cold weather sets" that included a hat, scarf and gloves. But I wasn't even tempted to buy them when it's 80 degrees out!

Kim said...

I agree! Even in Ohio, it's been in the 60s this week. They're calling for snow this weekend, though, so ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Although I have to drive in it, and you don't. So I take all those "ha"s back, and replace them with weeping sounds.

Anonymous said...

AMEN, sister! Unseasonably warm weather makes me panic. I keep checking the weather channel to see when the cold front is coming. I get mad at all the people who are like, "isn't it beautiful out?" NO, its not. Its freaking winter, lets act like it.

What makes me even more anxious and panicked is the people who stubbornly wear a sweater and boots when its clearly 80 degrees and humid out.
When I lived in NY, I once got so upset on the subway by this woman who was wearing a hat, scarf, big wool coat and boots on a warm sunny fall day that I had to approach her and say "Um, I know its November and all, but its HOT out." I don't think she appreciated this at all.

I will now turn my AC down to 72.