Thursday, November 02, 2006

Homeward Bound

A rolling stone gathers no moss, so in an effort to keep my person as free from green fuzzy things as my fridge now is, I'm rolling out of town once again tomorrow. For once, I'm looking forward to a long, solitary drive. Maybe somewhere down that long stretch of highway, I'll get back in touch with my mental hum. Tomorrow afternoon, I'll be driving down the main street of my hometown and thinking about having dinner at the place of my choice in Athens. If I'm lucky, we can conclude the evening with a milkshake from The Grill - ain't nothing better.

And while Saturday's shower for Sprout means I have to get up at an ungodly early hour in order to make the drive into Atlanta, I'm so delighted to be bestowing my frog on Eva & Justin, that I'm not complaining. Not to mention I've been promised a trip to DSW and Off Broadway. I can't help the happy flutters I get from anticipating going somewhere whose name stands for Discount Shoe Warehouse. If I don't feel myself after the drive, I'm pretty sure I'll recover my senses by slipping on some Stuart Weitzmans and BCBGs.

6 cat calls:

Jennifer Walter said...

Please give my love to the family. Safe travels!

Andria said...

uuuummmmm, milkshake from the Grill. My mouth's watering thinking about it. I'd choose the Blind Pig Tavern and that makes my mouth water, too. It's been too long! I hope J&E get showered with lots of adorable baby boy things and I know they will love your frog! Hope the shoe shopping revitalizes your mind and soul.

Ruby said...

I know very well the feeling of arriving back in A-town and dreaming up the restaurants you will visit. Mmmmm... Mexicali cheese dip is always on my list. As is some Southern BBQ. (If you make it to The Grill, be sure to have some feta fries for me!)

Anonymous said...

This post is killing me. . . Grill milkshakes and feta fries. . . maybe if I leave right now, I can drive to Athens, eat at the Grill, turn right back around, and still make it to work on time on Monday. Hmm. . .

ashley said...

I am sorry to say that I did not make it to The Grill this trip. However, I did eat enough Chinese from Peking to nearly bust my pants.

As for shoes, I found a pair of darling heels that will be a gift from Santa Baby.

Andria said...

ooh, Peking. I really miss a good chinese place here. I was wondering how the trip went. Hope the shower went well.