Friday, September 05, 2008

Tube Bits

As pointed out by the illustrious Pen, the fall TV season is upon us. I'm notorious for killing shows by liking them (like...Women's Murder Club, Studio 60, Carnivale...), but I remain undeterred and reviewed the fall lineup for this year's possibilities.

I will continue, of course, watching ProRun through the fall, and I confess, I got hooked into the premiere of Top Design the other night. Any show that includes the quote, "Every gay has a dog. Get over it." is one I'm likely to watch. Plus, they're going to be doing an episode where they design for former ProRun contestants including Santino and ANDRE!!! I can hardly wait to find out what happened to Andre!

I'll be adding to my regular ProRun viewing as other shows begin premiering - like HOUSE which premiers onthe 16th, and I AM STOKED - and I've decided to give a few new(er) shows a watch or two and see if they feel like regulars.

Fringe premieres this Tuesday at 9 p.m. on Fox. From J.J. Abrams of Lost and Alias fame, this is another puzzling conspiracy theory. And it includes the bonus of Josh Jackson - Pacey's all grown up y'all. I think I would've liked Lost if I had gotten hooked into it at the right time, so I'm going to be a good girl and watch the first ep and ride the wave with everybody else.

The Big Bang Theory starts on the 22nd at 8 on CBS. It's in its second season, so maybe I won't kill it just be checking on the first few eps of season 2. I need a little comedy in my life, and while House is hilarious, it's darkly so, and I hope maybe this will infuse a little light-hearted geek-omedy into my life.

Chuck, also in its second season, starts again on the 29th at 8 p.m. on NBC. The marketing team has done a stellar job on this one. The promos have me intrigued enough to tune in for the premiere. The question is will it deliver enough to keep me tuned in.

Big Bang and Chuck are in a competing time slot, as are Project Runway and Do Not Disturb, a new Fox comedy that I considered. Plus, I'll be picking up Grey's and possibly E.R. for old time's sake when they return, so it's questionable how many shows I'll really have the time and inclination to watch.

So much boob tube. So little time.

5 cat calls:

Andria said...

I heart Pacey! I just saw that he was in this, but hadn't heard much else about it, so thanks for clueing me in to it's start date. .must set Tivo to catch it and check it out.

I'm totally with you on House ProRun and also am an ER fan. I've heard some about Chuck and Top Design, so we'll have to see about anymore additions. Even with my beloved TiVo, I'm not sure I'll have the time to keep up. . .

penelope said...

Santino and Andrae?! Wow, I'm in.

I was just reading about Fringe today, which I forgot to include on my list, as well as Life... So much TV, so little time.

penelope said...

Oops, I made the TV comment before reading your last line. Great minds?
xo, copycat pen :)

Kim said...

One of the things that I think is the weirdest about our friendship is that we just don't seem to like ANY of the same shows. Do you think this is like an eHarmony, opposites-attract kind of thing? Or do I just have really bad taste in TV?

ashley said...

It's true, Kim. I know I should like The Office. I envision myself getting really involved with it via Netflix someday.

You're not a big TV watcher, though. Except for when Flava of Love was on...