Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm Going to Disney World!

Okay, so not really. I am, however, going to the mouse city - if not the mouse house.

The occasion is that we got called in to do a branding session. I've played a supporting role in four or five of these for the creative director. But he can't go to this one, because it's such short notice. He tells the account lead, "Call Ashley."

I'm going to Orlando because the creative director, the man I aspire to be, says I can handle running the show. He even called me this morning, Jedi Master-style, and said, "I'm really excited for you to have this opportunity."

I fly out Sunday night with one of the management team who's going with me. Today I was on a conference call with Atlanta and San Diego. And there was this moment when it was all coming together, when I felt the adrenaline pumping as I made my check list and started the project research and recruited two juniors to help me, that I thought about how awesome it felt.

I love my job in the most nerdy, geeked-out, I-will-talk-about-marketing-on-a-date way, and I'm getting this opportunity to travel to and lead a big client meeting, and for a day, all modesty aside, I thought, I'm kicking ass and taking names - and I'm going to Disney World.

9 cat calls:

jenn said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you!

Are you sure you can't make a little detour to see Cinderella's castle? ;)

You will definitely kick ass. Go get 'em, girl.

mendacious said...

this sounds exciting even if you never did tell me what you thought of the link i sent you about the girl and yogurt branding.

to your success!

penelope said...

Wahoo!! How exciting!!

Susan said...

You totally rock. Even though you don't realize it some days, the rest of the world can't ignore that fact. :) Have fun and kick some branding ass.

Andria said...

I dare you to wear Mouse Ears while you conduct the meeting. That would totally kick ass. ;)

Congrats!

Kurt said...

I'll be there Oct 10 - 13. Too bad - I could have bought you a churro.

Ruby said...

Wow, how wonderful!

Mouse ears. Definitely need the mouse ears.

Jennifer Walter said...

Yeah for you! Go get 'em tiger! Can't wait to see you and catch up at Mtn. Day. :)

ashley said...

The meeting was awesome. I felt awesome!

And, Kurt, I'm so disappointed because my performance totally deserved a churro.