Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wardrobe Malfunctions

I had a date with The Professor tonight. It's a long story why we planned a nice dinner on a Wednesday, so I won't bore you with the details - especially when I can offer you the following:

1) I was wearing a geometric-print tunic top over black pants - feeling pretty sassy. At some point during the day though, I sat on the tunic and pulled too much on the silk fabric and ripped a three-inch hole in the seam. And where was that hole? Approximately - no, directly - exposing my lovehandle every time I sat.

2) To finish off my sassy look, I wore black patent leather slingbacks. After dinner, we were walking through downtown and my heel wedged into a hole in a sewer cover. As I stepped forward and realized my foot was caught, I sort of fell into The Professor and grunted. He said, "Wow. That was kind of awesome. I've never actually seen that happen to anyone." And then - "That noise you made was...something. Really low." And then he reenacted it.

So much for bringing sexy back.

3 cat calls:

Andria said...

Your pain. .it really makes me chuckle. Thanks for sharing.

So glad to see he stuck around after the meeting of the fam! Doesn't scare easily, I see.

Niki said...

i wish there was a reality tv film crew following you around right now. priceless.

Susan said...

You know the planks on the sidewalk in front of Pilot House and Elijah'? Damn sidewalk gets me every time I wear heels downtown.

It's nice when a boy doesn't run screaming when he realizes that the girl is in fact human. :)