Monday, July 07, 2008

Jumping the Gun

jump the gun (idiom) - to begin prematurely; act too hastily

@ Blockbuster - Selected Feast of Love based on the co-starring power of Greg Kinnear and Morgan Freeman and assumed from the description that it was a Love Actually-esque film with multiple story lines - or as the box suggested, "A romantic feast for anyone who loves love." We decided to watch this film while enjoying delectable birthday treats like ice cream cones and brownies. Within the first fifteen minutes, there was a naked-to-the-waist lesbian sex scene. Um. Did I mention I was watching with my parents?

@ Work - After lamenting the neglectful behavior of my co-workers last Thursday, I had to consume an enormous slice of humble pie today. They marched in at 4 p.m. to The Beatles "Birthday" with an ice cream cake and a gift of Notable Author Finger Puppets. We enjoyed said ice cream cake while the Rockstar's birthday mix played on in the background. (It included Lil' Wayne and Kansas.) I felt incredible remiss in having been so irrationally upset.

@ the Mental Level - Right now, I'm deep breathing through what I'm hoping is indigestion. I've been hoping that I've had indigestion a lot lately. I just chewed up a Pecid AC...and the taste took me back to the place my brain seems to be wanting to go. Like a little this-time-last-year party trick. With the shrink and the doctor and the medication - let's face it: I thought I was done with all this. Perhaps it's just an allergic reaction to getting old.

5 cat calls:

tempe & chris said...

Yay! Your office mates have redeemed themselves! So glad.

Uh, the movie experience w/ the parents and lesbian love scene sounds mortifying...ack.

As for the indigestion/icky feelings/etc - hang in there. And as my husband would say, "deeep breaths" (he prescribes that for every malady).

mendacious said...

i sense a definite allergic reaction and perhaps a need for more traveling or jumping off docks and eating ice cream... that usually counteracts the aging process.

feast of love: tell me about it UGH! what the HELL! talk about mixed wires and bad marketing... and then the stalker father! and and and! UGH!

penelope said...

Awww, but I'm so glad your work peeps came through! It kind of makes it all the nicer, being a surprise.

Kurt said...

You're a better man than I. I say it has to be ON your bday or it doesn't count.

May I suggest some lactofermented foods for your indigestion?

jenn said...

I'm so glad that your coworkers did not disappoint! They were having me worried for a while there.

Sorry to hear that you are feeling icky. :( I hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel soon.