Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Half-Tease

Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince hits theaters later this year (November 21, to be exact). And while I am one of the last in America who has yet to see The Dark Knight and the ONLY one of the female persuasion who missed Sex & the City in the theater and now has to wait for it on DVD (please leave your condolences in the comments section), you can bet your galleons I'll be at the Potter flick. The film's teaser trailer will be in the previews for the third installment of The Mummy series which is debuting this weekend. USA Today published screen caps today of two notable scenes: young Tom Riddle at the orphanage and Dumbledore's ring of fire. Other film stills floating around the internets feature Ron in his quidditch gear and Harry in Slughorn's office, presumably to gather that foggy memory. And while I'm still sad about my BIG S&TC faux-pas, I can at least console myself with the impending next-to-last installment of Potter. Oh, and the full trailer can be viewed here.*



*Um, I posted before watching the trailer. Which is AWESOME. I'm such a dork.

9 cat calls:

Andria said...

Aaahh! That's so awesome. It makes me want to read them all all over again. It looks really good!

I haven't seen DK either, even though we watch the preview on TiVo just about every night.

I also haven't seen S&TC, but I never watched the show.

penelope said...

You missed S&TC for reals??? I just assumed after the previous snafu you went back! Gasp.

I haven't seen DK, either. We're the only 3 people in America left, then.

Wow, the trailer is RAD.

Susan said...

I love you for posting this and emailing me about it. Deconstructing today will be so much fun. :)

tempe & chris said...

Ash, I haven't seen DK yet either. SATC was great, but you're not missing much by seeing it on dvd vs. the big screen. Now you can rewind it and re-watch every wonderful shoe, dress and bag, without interruption! ;)

Typing this from my bberry so I can't see the HP trailer - but I am sure it's rockin'!

tempe & chris said...

...and you were right...holy CRAP the trailer is awesome!

Niki said...

Can. not. wait.

jenn said...

WOOHOO!

ashley said...

Umm, yes, Penelope. I'm afraid the closest I came was the Kung-Fu Snafu. I do have two free passes as a result of that unfortunate incident that I need to use for the betterment of my cultural understanding.

Also, can anyone remember a reason that Ginny would be standing outside in her bathroom? That scene is freaking me out. Plus who (or what?) is that in the wheat field as Harry passes by? It creeps me out.

Anonymous said...

Cannot wait for new HP movie - which I WILL be seeing in the theatre - unlike Dark Knight OR SATC (which I watched religiously on TV but had zero desire to see in theatre)...

What about the new JK Rowlings book? How do we feel about that?