Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Occurences

Haircut - On Saturday, I accompanied Anna to the salon for a haircut. It was monumental because a) she had grown her hair out for Locks of Love b) she hadn't had her hair cut since Ronnie died and c) I can't recall the last time she had anything beyond a simple trim done. But she gritted her teeth through the initial scissor slice and now she has a shoulder length 'do that's really quite fetching.

Ash - Dillon has suddenly switching from "Sha" to "Ash." On Sunday, when we arrived to keep him so that his parents could celebrate their wedding anniversary, he ran to passenger side of the van calling "Ash! Ash!" And when I left for work yesterday morning he wouldn't give me a goodbye kiss because he wanted to play "cars." Mama said he stood at the door pitifully saying "Ash?" after I left.

Floor - For the first time in almost three decades, my mother is having the floors in our living room, dining room and den replaced with hardwoods. The crummy deteriorating carpet is being toted out and replaced with gleaming blond oak beams. Already today, the living room is woodsy. And she agreed to only put the furniture back in the room that she likes as opposed to just loading back in what's always been here.

Dancing - Last night, Mom and Dad were still at Justin and Eva's babysitting, so I had the house to myself. I watched She's the Man, and when the credits rolled to "Move Along" by the All-American Rejects, I gave into a fit of spontaneous dancing in the den. The cats looked perfectly scandalized. I thought it was magnificent.

4 cat calls:

penelope said...

Yay for dancing like no one's watching! Or for dancing in solitude, either one sounds good to me. :)

I love love love hardwood floors. I bet your house looks sooo different.

The last 3 letters of my word verif are: TPS! Which reminds me that I need to finish my report.

Andria said...

Excellent on all accounts!

Kurt said...

When my sister got tired of her carpet, she just pulled it out herself. Fortunately, there were wood floors underneath. Someday we're hoping she pulls out the tacks with the little strings of carpet stuck in them. And maybe polishes the floor.

jenn said...

I would totally love to see Anna's haircut! And I can't wait to see those hardwood floors!

So cute that Dillon is calling you "Ash." :)