Monday, April 14, 2008

This is a List

"This is a list of the things I should've been but I'm not. This is a list of the things I should've seen but I'm not seeing...So won't you please look at me?" --Adam Duritz, "Cowboys"

Should've Been
* More forgiving

* Willing to say the words that were on the tip of my tongue when I wondered if I should say them

* Able to cross a room, smile charmingly at a perfect stranger

* An author

* Comfortable with the unknown

* British

Should've Seen
* Hyde Park

* Last full moon

* Threads coming together, woven from the past forward to the present

* How different love is for different people

* David Gray live in concert

* Me for me

4 cat calls:

penelope said...

Super cool list/poem. List poem? Hell, it's poetry. And I like it.

mendacious said...

As the kickass authress, George Eliot once said,

"IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN."

Word to the wise sister-friend.

Andria said...

fabulous.

Kurt said...

Good news: David Gray is still alive!

I saw Queen live twice!