Thursday, March 27, 2008

Confessions of the Strange but True

* Tonight I attended a sheep shearing. I also correctly identified a tool used for castration.

* I have taken to wearing a velour track suit cast off to me by Anna who received it as a Christmas gift from her in-laws. I am so ashamed.

* I bought three pair of shoes this weekend. And two of them were comfortable. I know. I don't know what's wrong with me.

* I went to a groundbreaking today for the very first hotel in my home county. Scout's honor.

* In the office NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament pool, I am currently in 51st place out of 51. There goes my $5.

10 cat calls:

jenn said...

A sheep shearing? Does this have something to do with you being part of a group of "leaders" of this particular county (which is getting its first hotel--I can hardly believe it!)?

As for the velour track suit, I can imagine it's extremely comfortable. I'd probably wear it, too, though I'd definitely think twice before leaving my house with it on.

Ruby said...

I have so many questions regarding this post! Maybe I should contain them in an email rather than here. But a hotel? REALLY?! Geez louise.

Andria said...

include me in the email; I want to know more about how you came to be at a sheep shearing (and recognized the ball snipper!). . and a hotel?! where?

Niki said...

ditto on the more information. we have a hotel?! you knew the tool for castration? what color is the track suit? in my imagination it's eggplant. please tell me that it's not eggplant. (i'm sure it's super soft, though, whatever color it is.)

penelope said...

A sheep shearing and a hotel groundbreaking, all in one day! There's got to be a longer story there.

As for the comfortable shoes and the track suit, I'm so with you. Does this mean we're ready for the home? As in, the nursing home? Meet you at the Bingo tables.

Jennifer Walter said...

Sensible clothes, sensible shoes....sounds like your turning into me. My sister proclaimed last weekend that she might puke if I tried on another pair of loafers at the DSW. "They're shoes for teaching!" I proclaimed. "That's no excuse," she rebutted.

ashley said...

I did buy one pair of heels, which, unfortunately, I will be unable to wear for sometime as my feet hate me for subjecting them during yesterday's all-terrain adventure. (In my defense, I wasn't informed in advance that black patent open-toed sling-back heels were not going to be a practical choice...)

ashley said...

P.S. For the OC girls...

1) Jenn gets a prize! Yes, I was learning about "leadership" in the ag industry.

2) The velour track suit is the paragon of comfort, and, Nik, it's grey - after all, grey is my favorite color.

3) The tool was really quite frightening and among a table full of "guess the implements". But you know, it doesn't take a whole lot of imagination to figure out that something is for a little snip, snip.

4) Hotel - yes! We're getting a hotel. Along The Big Highway leading into town. It'll be sort of tucked away off D's Bridge Road. *Sniff* We're all grown up now.

tempe & chris said...

A hotel - GASP! I remember when getting a Zaxby's and a Dairy Queen was a big deal!! Ah, the old days...

Andria said...

Tempe - not to mention a stop light instead of a 4-way stop!!