Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Series of Miscellany

Rediscovered
* 99x Morning Show
* Random songs - Bush's "Machinehead", The Cranberries' "Linger", Live's "Selling the Drama"
* How much I love driving alone to work in the morning
* Can go to Weaver D's any time I want (The Goofball said he'd go with me)

Noticed
* A very cute drawing in the graphic designer's sketchbook of -- and labeled as -- "bee"
* Friends -- real friends -- and how important they are to me right now
* Details of new commute - the morning sky from the top of the Atl. Hwy. by Peking
* How nice everyone is to me at the office - like the creative director who just "wanted to chat" with me today while I was in the Big City

Embarrassed
* Inability to communicate properly with one of The Owner's of the Company due to my nervousness and his intense pauses which seem to prompt me to say, "I'm excited to be here" eighteen times
* Calling the Big City office today when I got lost on the streets of downtown Hotlanta (thanks to Eva, I at least made it to Peachtree Street)
* Failure to connect senses of humor with any of the men in the office - do only women find me funny?

Only in ATown
* Going to happy hour tomorrow with coworkers preceding our viewing of a documentary about gypsies at the new art house theatre
* Plans for lunch downtown Friday to take in the opening game weekend Dawgs madness
* Next company outing to see coworker who is lead singer of a band

Feeling
* Sad
* Hopeful
* Ready for bed

3 cat calls:

Andria said...

Weaver D's. yummm.

Yes, great horizon spot on Atl. Hwy -- I was wondering if that PeKing was even still there just the other day. Glad to know it survived all of the construction. I could really go for some good chinese buffet; can't seem to find a suitable place up in Woodstock.

Getting lost in the Big City; Now there's the girl we know and love!

Interesting observation that men weren't finding you funny. hmm.

The band sounds cool. Glad you are bonding well with new peeps.

GO DAWGS! Definite madness will be yours, I am sure. Although, I think in the Big City there was some sort of Star Trek type convention, so it had it's own brand of oddness. But, really, that's not so far stretched for any given day in Atown. Which is what makes is a magical, intriguing little place.

tempe & chris said...

I miss Athens.

*Sigh*

Ashley, I'm glad you're bonding with your work colleagues and that you're getting adjusted. Keep us updated!

ashley said...

There really is something endearingly unique about the ATown. And I'm not sure that I'll ever quite belong, having not an ounce of the quirkiness that most ATowners boast, but I'll work on it.