Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Working Girl

After several hints and allegations here on the blog, I'm going to come right out and say it: I got a job. Somewhere among the six interviews and the 90-minute writing test, I impressed someone enough to make me an offer. Plus, I was wearing a shirt that, according to Eva, said, "Give me a job and then take me disco dancing."

I know I glossed over that writing test part until now. I confess, I lived in absolute fear that I would suffer the greatest humiliation of my life in holding an MFA and failing a potential employer's writing test. Although, I'll tell you kids, it wasn't anything to thumb your nose at. My disco shirt was wringing with sweat at the end of 90 minutes.

But I was offered The Job, I accepted The Job, and I start The Job on Monday. I'm still a little vague on what The Job is. And whether I can do it. But I prefer not to dwell on those things for now. For now, let's merely celebrate that I don't have to write any more heinous cover letters.

8 cat calls:

laura said...

wonderful! congrats on the new job-i am proud of you. i start my new job tomorrow-Sam is coming home from the NICU- how did i get three kids?? i am praying for your new start!

Ruby said...

HOORAY!

tempe & chris said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations, Ashley!

ashley said...

Thanks, ladies. I was just sent my new email address and direct line via email. How awesome do I feel having a direct line??

mendacious said...

Hurray!!! Looking forward to a whole new set of stories.

penelope said...

you can do it! woohoo! i too look forward to the stories.

Cue said...

Congratulations!!!

hat said...

More office stories, yay! I'm sure the disco dancing t-shirt had nothing to do with it. Congratulations, Ash.