Monday, August 20, 2007

The First Day Impressions

* The players: The Bossman, The Goofball, The Rockstar, The Clone, The Exotic and The Violinist

* Entrance into our hallway is the guts of the old freight elevator

* Stuffed monkey sailing over the partial wall of my office, donated by The Goofball to make my office more personal

* Lunch at the eatery of my choice (tuna melt, pita points, fresh fruit)

* Unlimited sick days??? (If you don't feel well, don't come to work.)

* First addition to desk: 5 x 7 of the Dilly Monster

* Worked on Client projects already (copywriting, conference call)

* Curbing desire to say, "At my old job, we..."

* Email from The President saying welcome

* The Clone and I talk and use the same phrases

* Email from the absentee Rockstar and voicemail from the absentee Bossman to check on my first day's progress

* "Does anyone have a quarter for the parking meter?" "I bet Ashley does. That's the biggest purse I've ever seen."

* Nice light in the afternoon through my window and I can see big oak trees

* 5:30, so very glad to go home

8 cat calls:

laura said...

glad you had a good first day- lunch sounds good. and everybody needs a stuffed monkey.

mendacious said...

was the sandwich good?

and unlimited sickdays? hell-yah.

tempe & chris said...

Yay! Welcome back to the world of the gainfully employed! Sounds like your office is a lot of fun, and has an interesting and friendly staff. Keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

It already sounds like an awesome place to work! It's so nice that everyone is welcoming you in such a warm way. It sounds like you will fit in perfectly.

And on your employer's behalf I will say thank you, thank you, thank you for curbing the "At my old job. . ." comments. I was training a new employee last week and she kept saying that. I wanted to smack her.

hat said...

I'm jealous of your Office buddies. They sound lovely, although, who commented on the purse?! It's a necessity... I can't live without my U-haul-sized-truck-purse-bag

ashley said...

Everyone does need a stuffed monkey! That was the moment that I thought, "I'm going to be okay here."

The sandwich was excellent! And the pita points were even better.

There's a certain amount of expectation that I'm going to bring all this great knowledge from "my old job" but really...I just feel blank.

And, HAT, never fear. It was a guy teasing me about my purse. He's just jealous.

~A4O~ said...

I hope you enjoy my blog. Write-in Mike Fabel Jr. for presidency if change is what you seek. My qualifications are spelt out on my blog. Take care, Mike.

P.S. Tell a friend...

Andria said...

You make things sound so interesting already! Great stories waiting to unfold. . .
I'm intrigued by your similarities to The Clone!
It does sound very welcoming and I hope it continues to gel with you. Congrats again on your return!