Thursday, August 09, 2007

Going Coastal

As I write this, I'm downing a yogurt for breakfast and thinking about the last few things I need to throw in my bag. That's right - this little nomad is hitting the road once more. I'm squeezing in one last summer trip to Wilmywood, in part to surprise my boss at her surprise birthday party this evening. I was looking for an old beach postcard to post with this, but instead, I found this undated archival picture of the back of the house I used to live in on Grace Street. I'll definitely be driving by there just to give the house my love.

Also, I wanted to say to all of you who have been following my progress with the j-o-b, I received an Official Offer yesterday. I think I'm planning to accept it, but I've got six hours in the car to be sure. (And to listen to Continuum on repeat. Ah, John Mayer.) Soon, this freeloader may be back on the payroll. More on that upon my return.

If you're in NC, get ready. Here I come.

7 cat calls:

tempe & chris said...

Congrats on the job offer, Ashley! That is great news!

Safe travels and enjoy your NC weekend!

Jennifer Walter said...

Congrats! I hope you have a great time this weekend. I can't wait to hear all about your new job.

penelope said...

Job offer, yowza!! congratulations!

see ya soon...

Ruby said...

Hot damn!

Andria said...

woot! and now looking back on the time, I'm sure you'll wonder why you let it end so soon -- having the freedom to hop in the car and go visit anytime! I know it's comforting to have the security, though, and the assurance that you are a contributor and worth adding to the payroll! congrats and have a great trip. can't wait for the details.

Susan said...

Can. Not. Wait. To. See. You! Congrats on the job offer. I'm sure we'll dissect the offer to all the pros and cons over the next day or so.si

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! Have a great trip and congrats on the offer (not that any of us are surprised). :) Can't wait to hear the details!