Monday, September 17, 2007

The Slug Club

Jim Broadbent (a.k.a. Bridget Jones' dad) has been cast as Horace Slughorn in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which, incidentally, started filming today. He won't be on set immediately, as he's currently filming Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. (Discussion of the horror of that title for another post.)

I think I like the casting, although I sort of had my heart set on Bob Hoskins. But Broadbent's a fabulous actor, so I trust he'll do the part justice - you know, doubling as a giant squishy armchair.

3 cat calls:

penelope said...

Huh! I love Bridget's dad, he's fantastic, but it's not exactly who I pictured. All right, I suppose that could work. I always pictured Slughorn as a little more... portly?

ashley said...

I know. I was thinking more along the lines of the King in Cinderella. Rotund with a walrus mustache. I'm sure they'll pad Jim Broadbent up - I mean, look how they tricked him out for Longford. Still...I'm having trouble letting go of Bob Hoskins.

penelope said...

Maybe Renee can give him tips on bulking up for a role. I remember reading she drank lots of high-calorie shakes to be Bridget.