Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Letter to the Wretched Wanker Who Parked Next to Me

Dear Idiot Oversized Tank Driver:
I cannot believe that you parked next to me in the impossibly small space clearly marked for "compact cars only" in the Parking Deck of Death. I mean, I've only been in it three times now, and let's face it, there's hardly room in those spaces for a moped. So what were you thinking, you yuppie sleezeball, parking in that tiny, tiny space and effectively trapping me in the space next to the poor unsuspecting somewhat-used Camry? Because I had no way to get out. I mean, it was an Austin Powers moment times ten, but as careful as I was, I still scratched the Camry's bumper and mine. That's right, King Suburban. Your craptastic parking job forced me to hit a parked car in order to get out of my parking space - and I was there first. What was the problem? Couldn't put down your Starbucks long enough to figure out your behemoth car couldn't fit in the space? So then I stood there, wringing my hands and wondering what to do and left a hastily scrawled note for slightly-used Camry that said, "I hit your car. If you need to reach me, call me. My apologies."

And this is my note to you. I hate you, King Suburban. I was already having a vile, miserable day. Thanks for making it even better. Because of you, I cried on the way home. I hope you can live with that.

Have your insurance people call my insurance people.

Ash

6 cat calls:

laura said...

oh dear! i am sorry about the bad day and the mean suburban. i dealt with that a lot going to see Sam when i had to park in the hosptial parking garage. my first wreck was a parked car. hope your weekend is better. love you!

T. said...

I think 'Car Crashes' is long enough for a novel at this point.

I think you're road cursed ;)

Anonymous said...

I hate Suburbans, especially when they belong to people who are idiots! Sorry about your car and your bad day. :(

penelope said...

obnoxious! a behemoth SUV in a compact car spot. i so wish it had been suburban you scratched, because while still annoying for insurance purposes, it would have felt good.

tempe & chris said...

Ash - so sorry about the bad driving luck. I sympathize...I drive a very small car - and it always seems that there's a Expedition or a 25-passenger Yukon parked in the "compact" space next to me...at the grocery store, at work in my garage, at the mall...

And why does it seem that the size of the car is directly proportional to the driver's lack of consideration while driving? I can't tell you how many times I've almost been run off the road by one of these monstrosities...

ashley said...

It's true. It's like the size of the car some how excuses them from showing any concern for anyone else.