Saturday, September 29, 2007

Babysitting: A Story in Photos (and Un-Photos)

Dillon gave me a hand with his dinner - effectively getting blueberries all over us both.
Not pictured is the total wreck that was the high chair after he was done.

After dinner, he shows me his new trick - pulling up all by himself. Not pictured is the meltdown after he bumped his head on the coffee table after an overzealous attempt to pull up on the couch.

I love, love, love this serious little face.

Post-bath (not pictured because I needed eight more hands just to bathe him, much less take photos of him...) he decides he does not want his diaper on and attempts a getaway with nary a stitch on his little bottom.

Between the last photo and this one, 30 minutes passed in which I repeatedly wrestled him to the ground to get his diaper on and these pajamas, which had approximately 714 snaps.
But he was so darn proud of himself for pulling up on the night stand.


Not pictured, the post-night bottle coma, pacifier plugged in, asleep in my arms while we rocked.

7 cat calls:

penelope said...

That is one photogenic baby. I mean, seriously... he is going to break hearts, that one. Too cute, and sounds like a great adventure in babysitting for Auntie Ash!

ashley said...

I almost titled this post "Word to You Mothers" because, seriously I do not know how you care for a child with only two hands. Hats off to you for doing it every day.

I did allow him to bathe with his pacifier just to keep him quiet. Don't tell Mom and Dad. ;)

Ruby said...

Those are great pictures! The one of little Dillon sans diaper is so cute - I want to see my baby's hiney!

mendacious said...

completely awesome.

Andria said...

Too, too, too adorable!!! What a character and I'm glad he's helping you hone your skills. It is amazing how something soooo small can be such a challenge to control/manipulate/coerce/simply dress! Fun times!

laura said...

glad to see you had fun with Dillon- he is such a cutie. i have often asked God why He allows us to come home from the hosptial without giving us another set of arms for each child we give birth to. If you ask me, as the child comes out- you should be growing extra arms. it sure would help. and i agree- most outfits have way too many snaps!! russ and i always know when we have a baby around- the sound of snappy clothes in the dryer gives it away.

tempe & chris said...

What a cutie! He has such great expressions! It IS amazing what parents can do with only four arms between them...I am amazed every day by my parent-friends.