Thursday, October 02, 2008

Gettin' Down to Biz-ness

* With the fancy schmancy cocktail party at the Atlanta office tomorrow. Rah.

* With the college homecoming festivities - I can hardly wait for fried chicken on the hill. And I've charged my camera battery so that I can take approximately 800 photos.

* With yet another business trip to J. Island that promises to be...interesting. Leaving Sunday and gone on Monday and Tuesday. And packing my flack jacket for the angry mobs that are likely to be staking out our meeting.

* With yet another big opportunity at work in Atlanta on Wednesday - again, hand-picked by the creative director. And he reviewed my work from last week's meeting today and said he was so proud that he nearly teared up. And then I nearly did in turn.

* With a less fancy schmancy cocktail party next Thursday hosted by a friend of mine at a downtown hotel. And despite its lesser level of schmancy, I'm looking forward to time with friends.

* With pondering items about The Professor...the significance of the fine line between "when" and "if"...i.e. remarks like "When you meet my parents who live in a far distant state on the other side of the country" as oppose to if. Like it's a done deal. Like yesterday, he said "when" in reference to a family reunion. And then there's the EX Factor. As in his ex is coming for a visit - a closure visit, I guess? So. Yeah. She's here all next week, and I'll just be...waiting??

* With subsequently considering when or if to pursue dating someone else (no one in particular - unless Christian Bale is available)...but just...someone to keep if from turning into when so fast. Plus, I'm a hot ticket - wildly successful in my career, fantastic taste in shoes, and I'm smokin'. So maybe I should share the wealth.

* And then with thinking, Who am I kidding? It's 10 o'clock and I just want to go to bed and finish Twilight.

9 cat calls:

Niki said...

Love to hear there are so many positives going on. I'll admit to being somewhat curious about who might be staking out your meeting on J. Island....

The EX sounds scary. We may need more info on this. Probably is nothing, but proceed with caution.

tempe & chris said...

Yay! You are SMOKIN', my friend. And sounds like things are going your way! Keep us updated!

Andria said...

parties and projects and dates, oh my! Love that things are looking up for you. . .impressed with your resolve not to play 2nd fiddle or be waiting, but your kindness in sharing your goodness with others. Why should there be just one lucky man? Spread the wealth. . .

penelope said...

You are totally smokin', I third that motion. But I hope you have the outcome you most desire.

So glad you're reading Twilight! I finished Eclipse last night and was openly weeping... and promptly taunted for it.

Kurt said...

So he's scaring you off by saying "when?"

ashley said...

A little. I mean, "when" has so much assumption in it. And it's just weird that he's like, "When you got to The Professor family reunion..." right before we part ways for a week so that he spend it with his ex-girlfriend.

Is that weird? Please offer me a male interp on this situation, Kurt.

Jennifer Walter said...

All I've learned about guys is that we think about &disect about "it" - Whatever "it" is - way more than they do.
Maybe he's just trying to be reassuring without acting like there's a reason to reassure.
Oh heck - I don't know!

I'm just excited about seeing you "on the mountain" this weekend!!!!

mendacious said...

but lack of qualifiers shows genuineness and confidence. do you want the guy to be like, uh so, like IF you make it to the parent phase... considering you got that out of the way on yourside already, maybe he's asserting turn about is fair play? like clearly you must now meet his parents- even steven.

and of course your smokin. stupid x's. up in everyones business all the time. sigh. but at least he was in the open about it?

i don't know you know i'm with you about christian bale. fo'sho.

laura said...

please take a picture of dear Vesta for me- we were actually AT berry during the evacuation for a day- and i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have seen her. we went searching for her- but she wasn't home. i cried. so close and no vesta. but just standing on campus was a beautiful and wonderful moment. happy mountain day to you my dear friend!