Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Professor: A List

* Has broken his nose ELEVEN times wrestling and playing football. I have only broken my nose once, and it was without a doubt the worst pain I've ever experienced.

* Also thinks that Heart of Darkness is a putrid waste of paper - just slightly ahead of The Good Earth.

* Nearly vibrates with hyper energy - like, his general frequency sometimes makes me tired.

* Has a pet peeve about people who have names that are nicknames - like Jack. He says no one should be named Jack because they should be named John and called Jack. Jack is probably my favorite boy's name.

* Told me about reading a book about cats in a store downtown and finding it really interesting. But not interesting enough to get a cat. We all know how I feel about my cat.

* Thinks that my laugh is charming - which is good because I laugh a) a lot b) loudly and c) rather forcefully.

* Totally adopted my fries-with-feta habit at The Grill.

* Am wondering if he should get his own blog label?

* Had a stuttering problem as a child and endured a lot of speech therapy. I've never heard crisper "t's."

* Called me a "pretty gal" tonight - as in, "I like to be able to buy a pretty gal dinner." To which I responded, "Did you really just say that?"

* Is a connoisseur of beer. My favorite bar downtown is a beer garden, and I feel hopelessly inept ordering after him.

* Somehow ended up in a conversation with me about bra sizes tonight? How does this happen to me?

* Owns a pretty impressive house with grown-up furniture in it. Like matching grown-up furniture.

* Has not read Harry Potter. I know, I know. He's getting a pass for a few months, but he better get on it.

* Is very patient about my disdain for academia.

* Knows I won't go out with him on Tuesdays because of House and Fringe.

* Really wants to take me out for Indian food which has me envisioning myself as Ben Stiller in Along Came Polly.

* Thinks I am infinitely wise about pop culture and music. He was so proud watching SNL a couple of weeks ago and recognizing The Killers.

* Sat with me on a bench tonight and let me tell him why I'm obsessed with Twilight...and that I'm not good at arguing, prefer the path of least resistance and that I might have to call my parents and tell them I'd be later than I thought. And he thought all of that was okay.

7 cat calls:

Susan said...

Anyone you can discuss bra sizes and Twilight with, who understands that some televisions shows are worth putting life on hold for, and read a book on cats (probably only because of your love of Kudzu) even though he doesn't want a cat, deserves a blog label.

On the Potter front, just give him a copy for Christmas! He'll have to read it if it's a gift. ;)

laura said...

sounds like a delightful man. grown up furniture?? how old is the professor? we still don't have grown up furniture- we're waiting until the kids are grown up, i guess. and russ still doesn't enjoy Lily- but he's a dream in so many other ways, that i can pretend he doesn't throw baby toys at the kitty when i'm not looking.

Andria said...

This is so much fun. He definitely deserves his own The Professor label.
The HP as a gift idea is brilliant!
Thanks for sharing with us.

Niki said...

Thank you for allowing me to live vicariously through you. I'm getting butterflies just reading about it!

I once gave a boy HP and he dug it, but you have to be careful, because if you force it on him and he doesn't like it...well, then you'll have this crappy situation where you're having to consider whether that's a deal-breaker ; )

Kurt said...

Although I did not get butterflies reading this, he seems to have the necessary qualifications. The excessive wrestling/football injuries might indicate some deficits, but otherwise I approve.

ashley said...

The Professor is 27 - I have snagged me a younger man (for now).

And, yes, Nik. I have considered the anti-HP implications. Which is one reason I haven't pushed it on him...yet.

Ruby said...

Fries with feta? YUM! Loves me some fried with feta at The Grill!

And yes, HP deficit should be addressed... Surely he will see to goodness that is HP!

And definitely a label. Definitely.