Thursday, October 23, 2008

Getting All Dolly-ed Up

"Hey, Mom?"

"Yes?"

I hold up a clearly outdated, faded sweater with a Christmas scene appliqued on the front that I unearthed in our catch-all room. "First of all, let's discuss why you still have this. And secondly, let's discuss if I can scavenge it." I hold it up in front of me.

"That's really old. And ugly. What do you need it for?"

"I'm going to cut out the shoulder pads."

"What for?"

"I need more boobs for my Dolly Parton costume, and these are the optimal shape."

(I cut. I stuff. I return.)

"Wow," she says. "That's a whole lotta boob."

7 cat calls:

Niki said...

we're definitely going to need pictures

Andria said...

I've been intently watching that debate on your sidebar. . I was highly intrigued by the polar opposite choices and impressed you went with Dolly!! Most DEFINITELY need pics.

Kim said...

PLEASE tell me this party is at a karaoke bar so you can perform "9 to 5" IN COSTUME and convince all the other party-goers, if only for a moment, that they are in the presence of the True Dolly.

Susan said...

Must see pictures. You will totally rock. :)

Kurt said...

What Susan said.

penelope said...

I cannot wait!

jenn said...

This will be one of the best costumes ever.