Monday, October 29, 2007

Cheap Therapy

Dear Ray:
I hope you don't mind that I call you Ray, seeing as how you seem to be inside my head these days. And I can attest that's a scary, weird place to be, so I think we can start out on a first-name basis.

I just wanted to say thanks, Ray. Thanks for writing every word, every chord, every note of Til the Sun Turns Black. It's aural therapy. Honestly, I can't stop listening to it - and I don't want to stop listening to it because it's soothing. And so few things fall in that category right now.

I know I'm a barfly...I know it and feel it. I know I've I looked my demons in the eyes, lay bare my chest said do your best to destroy me. And there have been moments where for a while I sat there staring at the photograph. For a while, I cried and tried not to make a scene.

And then I hear you sing, "Don't let your heart get heavy, child. Inside you there's a strength that lies. Don't let your soul get lonely, child. It's only time, it will go by." I want to believe you, Ray, so I just keep listening. Keep hoping it will come true.

Thanks for being inside my head. It was getting lonely in there.

Love,
Ash

0 cat calls: