Sunday, October 07, 2007

My Best Friend's Wedding

Perhaps later in the week, I can say more about my best friend's wedding. Right now, I feel sort of a lump in my throat that she's married - married! - and that I was there to share the experience as maid of honor. At this time, I'm happy to report that the whole celebration went off without a hitch (of any significance).

I stood with the best man late in the evening last night and watched as Kim bid farewell to the last few straggling guests. "This is the saddest part," I said.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well, it's like the last 10 or 15 people, and it's just...over," I said, feeling suddenly like crying, watching Kim looking so elegant and married. (Did I mention she got married?)

"Yeah," he said. "But look at them. They're so happy. And it was perfect."

And just like he trumped me on the toasts (thanks, Partak) in this moment, he trumped me, too.

Here's a taste of the perfect happiness.

Post hair & makeup, the bride-to-be takes us all to McDonald's. And we were lovin' it.

The happy couple was "The Luckiest" during the first dance.

I really think this picture speaks for itself.

Congratulations to Kim and Ben. I wish you happily ever after.

2 cat calls:

penelope said...

Awwwww...!

So sad I missed it. I can't wait to hear all the details, see all the pics.

Anonymous said...

The wedding was so much fun and the couple couldn't have seemed happier. Here's to Kim and Ben and to many wonderful years together!