Saturday, July 29, 2006

Make It Longer

My mother is a very accomplished seamstress. She made me dresses when I was a little girl, and she does all my tailoring now. Because I have short stubby legs, she often hems pants for me. She'll sit in the floor with her pink hat-shaped pin cushion and turn up the cuffs. And I stand back from the mirror and try determine if it's the length I want. When I decide, she says, "Are you sure? Cause I can always make it shorter, but I can't make it longer."

In my ecstasy over being reunited with Crazy J. on Thursday, I allowed him to lop off a significant amount of my hair. And it looked fabulous as promised when he styled it for me. But in the shower the last couple of days, I find myself looking for the mass of inches of hair swept into the trashcan. I wonder if I got carried away. Is there any way to make it longer? Without consulting Ken Paves for Jessica Simpson extensions?

4 cat calls:

Kim said...

Remember when I was trying to grow my hair out, and Meg suggested that I use Biotin? Well, I really think it worked (and made my nails stronger, too!). I got mine at GNC-- I remember it as being insanely cheap.

In the meantime, can I see a picture? I think you look cute with shorter hair! (Not that you don't looks sassy with long hair!)

Anonymous said...

I think you look cute with shorter hair, too!

One thing I hate about having moved so much over the past several years is that I can never stick with a stylist. After only a few haircuts, I'm on to the next city. I've tried a few different stylists here and have only now found one that I really like (I personally feel it is even harder to find a good stylist if you have curly hair, as many stylists have no idea how to cut or style curls). Of course, I'll probably move again in a year or two and then I'll have to start all over again.

ashley said...

Kim - I will send you a picture as soon as I figure out how to use the free digital camera. I think I'm just in shock because I wasn't PLANNING to cut my hair off. It'll grow on me. Or it'll grow back.

Andria said...

Along the same lines, I found pre-natal vitamins and being pregnant did wonders for my hair growth (unfortunately all over!) and nails. I think I might check out GNC, though. ;) I'd love to see a pic, too. Hate that we missed seeing you this weekend.