Monday, July 24, 2006

Happily Ever After?

Okay. I admit it. Like a bad car accident, I watched the My Fair Brady finale last night. I've been sort of mesmerized by this oddly matched couple who lived their entire relationship on television (i.e. We'll get engaged because that's the next episode in the series) and alternately seem truly in love and truly disturbed. The whole final episode, I was thinking that someone would step in and offer them counseling as they disintegrated into yelling at each other and, in Adrienne's case, a sniveling mass of smudged mascara.

And at last, the day before the nuptials, "Joe the Wedding Planner" gallantly stepped forward to sort out the misunderstanding between Adrienne and Chris. Well. I certainly feel better. This deeply distressed, constantly fighting couple has been pronounced "okay" since neither of them caught the other in bed with someone else the day before the wedding. So it's not the worse he's seen. Does not being the worst the wedding planner has ever seen qualify you for a stable marriage? I'm not sure, but I bet it made a lovely toast at the reception. Here's to their bizarre affection overriding their urge to kill one another.

6 cat calls:

penelope said...

It's one of those traffic accidents that, if someone told you three years ago you'd be watching someday, you'd be like--wha? ANTM chicky is going to marry who? I just hope this is the last season of My Fair Brady, not just for our sakes, but for theirs. Remember the NickAndJessimo!

ashley said...

Also, the next logical step is a baby. And if we thought getting married just because the producers wanted them to was a bad idea, I can only imagine the chaos that would ensue when Adrienne gets pregnant just to keep the show going.

Kim said...

Oh, God, PLEASE let them have a baby.

Have you noticed how pissed off she seems to be in the end cap for the show, when they're like "I'm Christopher Knight, and I'm [bitchy eye roll and snarky voice] Adrienne Curry..." It makes me want to smack her, but in a really entertained way.

ashley said...

J. became angry while watching this show. Like somehow I was watching it to get tips on how to behave in a relationship. Counselors across America are using this episode as an example of what NOT to do.

T. said...

Um, Can we talk about her breasts now?

Kim said...

Look at his weird, pointy eyebrows in this picture. It's upsetting me.