Sunday, July 30, 2006

Yard Art On A Whole New Level

On my drive out of town down Highway 74, I don't see much except for a few small houses here and there and a lot of pine trees. But about 30 or 40 minutes out of town, there is one point of interest - a place where yard art has run amok. And not just any yard art. There is a full potpourri of life-size statuary: horses, flamingos, bears, dinosaurs. Some of it's amusing. Some of it is downright frightening. Like the bear reared on its hind legs, fangs bared. Or the rearing horse attaching to a carriage. Or the bizarre looking barrels with animal heads - elephants, tigers, alligators. The photo here was the best I could find but certainly doesn't do it justice.

Today, I drove back into town after dark, so I was afraid I would miss it. But luckily, there was full-size polar bear on an ice flo reclining against a well-lit palm tree in the middle of the pond out front, lighting my way.

0 cat calls: