Sunday, July 23, 2006

Holy Chad Michael Murray

J. and I were actually on time to church this morning and slipped into the balcony before the opening prayer. But just before the invocation someone, who was not so on time, opened the balcony door. I recognized him immediately - not so much from his current teen drama One Tree Hill, but from his stint on Dawson's Creek as Jen Linley's less-than-lovable boyfriend.

Chad Michael Murray was at church, suited up and wearing a bright pink shirt. (Actually, when searching for a photo of him, I think I found one of him in the pink shirt, but it seemed too much.) It was all highly out of order to me until he sat down beside a young blonde - his fiance. And on the other side of his recent high school graduate fiance was her father - and he looked like there were a few things he'd like to say to this spikey haired older recently-divorced guy sliding into the church pew late and wearing Pumas with his suit to boot.

I found it hard to pay attention to what was going on for paying attention to him and his finace and her poor distressed-looking father. Ah, young love. Heaven help them.

6 cat calls:

Kim said...

Man, I wish I still lived in town so I could see celebrities at church! Of course, then I would also have to go to church. Which I would totally do more often if I knew there were going to be celebrities there!

ashley said...

I'll see if I can rustle up Ric Flair to attend a church near you!

penelope said...

Chad Michael Murray in a pink shirt and Pumas at church. That is so awesome. I will forever think of him as Tristan, the cocky but mildly-charming-in-spite-of-himself quasi love interest on Gilmore Girls. I'm glad Rory only kissed him once.

Big question: how was the hair? CMM has the bad habit of letting it grow a tad shaggy, which is not a good look for him. And, as we all know, it's all about Great Hair.

Kim said...

Ric Flair's a bastard, Kudzu. I don't know that you'd heard. A lady I used to know told me that! ;)

I wonder where Sophia Bush goes to church...

Niki said...

this is the best celeb sighting i've ever heard. i kind of wish everyone would wear pumas to church - then maybe i'd feel more at home there.

ashley said...

He did have his crazy hair going on. It was a little long, not quite as spikey as it has been on some occasions. What I couldn't get over was how YOUNG his fiance looked. But then again, she's 18.