Monday, July 24, 2006

Stressed to the Nines

Today, I ran around the office like a chicken with my head cut off trying to put out one fire and then another and feeling like I was never really getting something done. I found myself saying, "If I just get through this job, I can relax." But it's not true. After that job, there will be another. And then another.

And as I was discussing with Penelope , who is a stay-at-home Wife/Mommy/Reality TV Connisseur, and Mel, who is a part-time professor, no matter what your "job" is, there will be stress. Even if you don't go somewhere to work and punch in with a boss. There will be the stress of a crying baby or a dirty bathroom or a dwindling bank account. Or, as I worried aloud to one of the women I work with the other day, retirement.

Stress is just one of those many-head monsters that has another head growing just after you've cut one off. And there's one at work and one at home. One for relationships and one for family. Stress, stress everywhere and not a drop to drink. And that's why there's beer.

3 cat calls:

penelope said...

Why can't I put Reality TV Connoisseur on my resume and have it mean something? Why, dammit, WHY.

Also, remember to just take one thing at a time; looking ahead tends to impair breathing.

ashley said...

I know, I know. I sometimes spiral out of control. (I think they make medications for that, though...)

And I, for one, think your expertise in reality TV is highly undervalued.

T. said...

X A N A X I S T H E C U R E