Friday, November 14, 2008

Midnight Miscellany

* I am on Facebook, the seventh time-suckage wonder of the world. This has led to the good, the bad, and the ugly: reunited with a long-silent friend who lives in the ATown; found Chad D., love of my 15-year-old life; and a guy I went to high school with wearing a cowboy hat and a very curly blonde wig, making him just about the ugliest girl I've ever seen.

* Tomorrow is the Come-to-Jesus Part 2: Status Redux. I'll be heading to his house with pizza and indigestion following work tomorrow. Stay tuned.

* Yesterday, my client sent my boss a note about what a great writer I am. I mean, I know it's Writing for The Man, but still, it warms my heart.

* Dillon now says my whole name - although he finds the "l" a bit tricky. But I'll take "Ashey" anyday - even when it's followed by the demand, "Socks off!"

* I am getting the ball rolling with my own volunteer group. I'm both nervous and excited. It's thrilling to think that it could work and be great, and terrifying to think I will be a singles volunteer group with a single volunteer - me.

* The weekend will be partially devoted to a Thanksgiving party with friends - and partly to finishing Breaking Dawn.

* Good night.

6 cat calls:

mendacious said...

i look forward to the recap of all these milestone events... i would steal more of your time by suggesting you play 'lexolous' with penelope and i... but it sounds like you're too busy. ; )

what is it about eating pizza. i love it but it's murder on me. so i feel bad shooting it down- like i don't do pizza. but if i do... it's ugh's ville. and no, it's not enough protein... i should just blog about this.

penelope said...

Is that Chad the famous boy from high school?? The one from the stories?

Susan said...

It was so good to talk to you last night. I hope "the talk" goes OK tonight. I'll be thinking about you.

And as for Breaking Dawn, if you can get through Jacob, you will be rewarded by some really amazing Edward and Bella. And then some slightly redeeming Jacob. Enjoy!

ashley said...

It is the Famous Chad from the story. I texted Niki, and she said she tried unsuccessfully to friend him. I enjoyed seeing that he was there, but I don't think I'll be messaging him.

mendacious said...

i want to hear about the story! i feel totally denied.

jenn said...

I'm so excited to see how the volunteer group works out, and I'm so glad that a client was kind enough to pass on notes about your beautiful writing!

Good luck tonight. I'm having pizza, too, though hopefully my evening will be indigestion-free. Keep us posted.