Sunday, August 03, 2008

Potpourri

*Helped Mom and Justin can six gallon-sized freezer bags of fresh tomatoes today. Dad picked up two five-gallon buckets from a friend of his on Friday night. We've had tomatoes for every meal since - including Justin's and Mom's summer marinara pasta sauce with sausage. Deeelish.

* Went to see The Dark Knight with my dear intern on Thursday night. It was delightful to go with a 21-year-old who giggled every time I mentioned how hot Christian Bale is. Oh, and the movie lives up to the hype.

* Dreamed last night that I was at a conference (in Hotel Entrapment, as fate would have it) at which I was forced to attend a Civil War reenactment.

* Due to my father's weekly watching, I'm...um...kind of beginning to like NASCAR. And, for the record, Kasey Kahne is very cute.

* The Tales of Beetle the Bard will be available from Amazon in December. I reserve judgment. It's both thrilling and...well, also potentially a recipe for extreme disappointment. I hope it takes us back to a delicious, bittersweet bit of the Potterverse...and doesn't fall flatter than an overused Fanged Frisbee.

* I wish I could resist the urge to click on the People.com link and feed the Brangelina Baby frenzy. But...I...just...couldn't...not...click.

* Hired a real dynamo at the office last week. No really. She's conversational in 13 languages. I felt my job security slipping.

* School is starting this week. It makes me want to buy pencils. And a Trapper Keeper.

* Today we made blackberry cobbler out of the last of the summer blackberries, and it was August.

8 cat calls:

laura said...

trapper keeper! i miss the time when all my "important" notes would fit in a trapper keeper.

penelope said...

I loved Trapper Keepers!

I am SO resisting clicking on that Brangelina link. Bleh.

jenn said...

We had blackberry cobbler yesterday, too!

I always loved shopping for school supplies. I miss it a little bit every time I see a "back to school" sale.

NASCAR? Really? I will try to reserve judgment. :)

Kurt said...

The Dark Knight was good, but Christian Bale looks like he was dentures or something.

ashley said...

I noticed that, Kurt...especially when he was wearing the Batman suit and doing the Batman voice. When they shows his mouth, it was like, it was overly full of teeth or something. Still hot, though.

And Jenn, it's really quite mortifying, but somehow, I've gotten interested in spite of myself.

Andria said...

Yummy food!

Really want to see DK. Sounds like a fun outing.

A Civil War reenactment, really?

Woo-hoo! It can be intriguing to watch, if you know a little bit about it! And Kasey Kahne IS a cutie. And he's sweet. As a loyal fan, I give you permission to cheer for him (there are certain drivers - *Tony Stewart*either Busch*) that are just punks and I'd have to step in to help you see the error of your ways. (It's a fierce rivalry/loyalty between drivers/teams, like college sports, actually, so forgive me for my arrogant tone)

I couldn't resist clicking, either.

Ashley said...

Ooooh, I'm with you, Andi. Tony Stewart is gross. And I kind of want to punch the Busch boys. Especially KYLE. (That dirty driving on Earnhardt, Jr. a few weeks ago was no good...)

Andria said...

Girl! I am impressed. .you are really picking this up! ;)