Saturday, August 01, 2009

Rusty

Tonight, I logged in to the Jungle for the first time in ages. I suppose I've checked into the dashboard a couple of times over the last two-and-a-half months, but, to be honest, I haven't really had words. I haven't had words or time or both, or maybe the chemistry to grease the wheels between thoughts and expression. For whatever reason, I took an unintended hiatus.

At times, this accidental absence has felt like a release from responsibility. But at this point, the silence is deafening. The words are clogging my synapses; it's difficult to even know what to say.

My first impulse was to try and write everything...try to somehow recapture the lost time. Instead, I'm going to oil up the brainwaves and just let it all tumble out. And if there's something you want to know more about - if any of you are still out there - I'll be happy to expound upon it. So here's a little of what you've missed...and by the way, it's good to be back.

* Third blogiversary
* Winning lottery ticket - $35
* Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince
* The death of Michael Jackson
* 30
* New-found affinity for goat cheese
* Monet's water lilies * Birthday shoes
* Dillon's 2 1/2 birthday party
* House hunt with renewed vigor
* Big new account at work
* Trip to Ohio and reunion with the one and only Kim Shable
* Nearing 8 months with The Barrister
* Introduction to Beach Ball Rodeo
* Client placement in an in-flight magazine (the ungetable get)
* Reese sitting up
* A terrible tragedy
* The rise of tweeting
* Frequent travel to the Big City office
* New tripod
* A month of physical therapy for my continued back problems
* Blackberry cobbler
* Weight gain
* Death Cab for Cutie concert
* Death of the Hard Drive
* Tommy's 30th birthday party
* Growing volunteer group
* Seeing Penelope & Andi
* Meeting The Ice Cream Man
* Discovery of The Furminator
* Received a hand-painted lizard from the Dilly Monster
* Laughed, loudly, as always
* Made mistakes, as always
* Lived

9 cat calls:

Kurt said...

1. trip to Portugal
2. lost ten pounds
3. submitted writing/received rejections
4. recording Christmas album
5. trip to California
6. lost another friend

Andria said...

glad to have you back! Hope to hear from you more often. ;)

ashley said...

Kurt, please tell me your weight loss secrets. Clearly, I am in need.

Also, I'd like to be on a notification list about the Christmas album when it becomes available.

penelope said...

Hello, you! I want to know everything, really. But I beg you to blog first on your HPHBP thoughts.

Tempe said...

Welcome back, friend! We've missed you.

Kurt said...

I believe we are each unique and we have to find what works for us. The following guidelines may help:

1. If there is a food you can't not eat (me: cookies), don't keep it in the house.

2. There's no point in making any changes to your diet that aren't permanent. Temporary diet changes = temporary weight changes.

Jennifer Walter said...

Ahhhh! You're back and I didn't know....Happy day! I so enjoy reading your blog.

jenn said...

I didn't realize you were back! Yay!

Susan said...

Welcome back. I've missed you. A lot. No seriously. A LOT!